Updated June 17
Hello to all of the seasoned soldiers, raging barbarians, and ironclad commanders of Azeroth! The newest Shadowlands Alpha build has a number of changes for Warriors, primarily focused on talents. We're happy with the playstyle of each spec, and our philosophy for core abilities is generally “if it ain't broke, don't fix it”. That said, there are a number of talents in each tree that could use some love. Some were underutilized in Battle for Azeroth (eg., Danni Collaterali
for Arms, and Rabbia Interiore
for Fury) and haven't seen changes yet, or their first set of changes in Shadowlands haven't quite hit the mark (Berserker Schiumante
for Fury). We're looking forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback on the new and updated talents!We'd like to call out that Arms' Mastery and Deep Wounds have been redesigned. We heard your feedback that Maestria: Ferite Profonde
' overwhelming contribution to the damage breakdown felt unrewarding, and we agree. The new design will be a much smaller proportion of Arms' direct damage, and should reward skillful target selection more than the previous version.Furia Ossessionata
has returned to Fury Warriors, with an updated design. This means that Fury Warriors can now receive one-handed weapons as item drops, though that may not be implemented in this build.For Protection, a major topic of discussion has been the status of the Forza Inarrestabile
build that exists in Battle for Azeroth
. There are a lot of individual effects contributing to the build: talents, Azerite Traits, and Essences. The core components, however, are the Gestione della Rabbia
and Forza Inarrestabile
talents, which can still be taken together in Shadowlands. In Battle for Azeroth, the multiplicative nature of the other effects is so powerful that Forza Inarrestabile
overshadows any other setup or playstyle. We'd like to leave Protection in a more conservative position until the rest of their potential toolkit is known - additional Rage generation, cooldown reduction, etc. from Condotto
s and/or Legendaries may quickly have an outsized impact on the strength of Forza Inarrestabile
. We hear your feedback that the playstyle is extremely fun! The intention isn't to remove it completely, and we'll be keeping a close eye on how things shape up in the next few months in order to revisit and tweak things before the game launches. Thank you for your patience and ongoing feedback - it's extremely valuable to us.Arms Warrior
Mastery rating will increase the “damage the enemy takes from you” effect, rather than Maestria: Ferite Profonde
- Developers' notes: We feel it is important for Arms to have a bleed in their core kit, but Maestria: Ferite Profonde' direct contribution to damage dealt was overwhelming.
damage increased by 20%. Assalto Mortale
damage reduced by 5%. Impeto Devastatore
has been redesigned to give it more identity, and differentiation from Tempesta di Lame
. Impeto Devastatore
again replaces Tempesta di Lame
when talented, and inflicts Maestria: Ferite Profonde
(reverting previous Shadowlands changes). Cooldown reduced to 45 seconds, and duration increased to 12 seconds (still reduced by Haste). Impeto Devastatore
now chases nearby enemies. Danni Collaterali
has been redesigned: When your abilities damage a second target due to Assalti Fendenti
, they refund 30% of their Rage cost.
- Developers' notes: Danni Collaterali's previous design turned out to be too niche. We want to support Assalti Fendenti in talents, and this new version should be more broadly applicable outside of strictly 2-target situations.
has been redesigned: Replaces Sweeping Strikes. 20 Rage. 6 second cooldown. Cleaves up to 5 enemies in front of you for Physical damage, inflicting Maestria: Ferite Profonde
. Cleave will consume your Overpower effect to deal increased damage.
- Developers' notes: Cleave clashed with Assalti Fendenti at lower target counts, making it feel useful primarily while SS is not active. By having it replace Assalti Fendenti when talented, Cleave can stand on its own and more dramatically affect Arms' AoE gameplay.
- Furia Ossessionata is back. Learned at level 14 alongside Presa dei Titani, Fury Warriors can once again use their abilities while dual-wielding one-handed weapons. While dual-wielding a pair of one-handed weapons, your damage done is increased by 8% and your movement speed is increased by 5%.
- Avventatezza now generates 40 Rage.
- The following talents have been removed: Rabbia Interiore, Taglio Furioso, Fervore della Battaglia, and Demolitore.
- Frenesia is a new talent: Scatto d'Ira increases your Haste by 3% for 12 seconds, stacking up to 3 times. This effect is reset if you Scatto d'Ira a different primary target.
- Agitazione is a new talent: Sete di Sangue generates 2 more Rage, or 4 more Rage when it critically strikes your primary target.
- Crudeltà is a new talent: While Enraged, Raging Blow deals 20% more damage and has a 30% chance to instantly reset its own cooldown.
- Berserker Schiumante updated: Scatto d'Ira has a 20% chance to immediately refund 40 Rage.
- Tritacarne is back: Turbine deals 30% more damage and now affects your next 4 single-target melee attacks, instead of the next 2.
- Massacro now generates 15 Rage (was 10).
- Ruggito del Drago cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (was 35 seconds). No longer reduces enemy movement speed. Now critically strikes for 3 times normal damage.
- Tempesta di Lame damage increased by 20% (Fury only).
- Abbandono Avventato updated: Avventatezza generates 20 more Rage and greatly empowers Sete di Sangue and Colpo Furente. Sete di Sangue becomes Bagno di Sangue, dealing 100% more damage on a 3 second cooldown. Colpo Furente becomes Colpo Devastante, dealing 100% more damage and charging you to your target within 10 yards.
Developers' notes: We'd love to hear your thoughts on how it feels using empowered Sete di Sangue and Colpo Furente.
- Impeto Devastatore has been updated to match the changes made to Arms' version of the ability: 45 second cooldown, lasts 12 seconds (compressed by Haste), deals damage every 2 seconds, chases nearby enemies, and generates 10 Rage each time it deals damage.
- Ruggito del Drago has been updated to match the changes made to Fury's version of the ability: 30 second cooldown, no longer reduces enemy movement speed, critically strikes for 3 times normal damage.
- Tuono Crepitante now also increases the movement speed reduction of Schianto del Tuono by 10%.
- Insensibilità now caps at 2x value (was a cap of 1.3x value).