This week’s Beta and PTR builds include some updates for Marksmanship Hunters, notably their generation and spending of Focus, and updates to some of the more problematic talents.In Battle for Azeroth,
’s focus generation and the Master Marksman talent increase the amount of available Focus you have a by a decent amount, which almost pushes
generation away from being necessary at all. Now:
- Focus Cost increased to 35 (was 30).
- and Focus cost increased to 20 (was 15).
- duration lowered to 2 seconds (was 3 seconds). Total damage dealt by Rapid Fire should be unchanged.
The above changes should cause you to spend a bit more Focus, and passively generate less from Rapid Fire.Several talent changes are also coming to both prop up some underused talents, and replace others:Level 15 Row:
- Redesigned: (Passive) – Your critical shots cause your target to bleed for 15% of the damage dealt over 6 seconds.
- ’s duration increased to 18 seconds (was 12 seconds).
Level 25 Row:
- has had the low health benefit removed as it felt redundant with returning. Additionally, the high health threshold has been lowered to 70% (was 80%).
Level 35 Row:
- Redesigned: – Casting Steady Shot twice in a row now increases your haste by 7% for 10 seconds.
- Redesigned: (Passive) – Rapid Fire damage is increased by 15%, and Rapid Fire now also reduces the cast time of your next Aimed Shot by 30%.
- now replaces .
Chimaera Shot’s cooldown has been removed for Marksmanship Hunters. It has a Focus cost of 20.
- Chimaera Shot should work with everything that Arcane Shot works with, such as , or any Torghast Power, or Legendary effect.
- Chimera Shot no longer causes both the Frost and Nature attack to hit a single target. This is a bug fix.
Level 45 Row
- proc chance has been increased to 30% (was 20%).
Level 50 Row
- ’s proc chance has been increased to 8% (was 5%).
The above talent changes should open up some diversity in talent choices, and Chimaera Shot replacing Arcane shot opens up some alternate 2-target cleave options without increasing your action bar bloat.