Hello Mages. In this week's build, we've made many changes to Arcane as well as a few updates to the other specs to address recent concerns about talents and GCD usage.General Mage Changes
Runa del Potere
- Immagine Speculare damage greatly reduced, Dardo di Gelo added to all Immagine Speculare, and while your images are active, damage taken is reduced by 20%. Immagine Speculare direct damage will cause one of your images to dissipate.
Developers' notes: The goal is to push Immagine Speculare away from a DPS cooldown and give it a defensive component. Now, only taking direct damage will cause an image to dissipate and there is an ICD of 2 seconds to ensure at least a 6 second uptime when taking damage.
has been reworked to cast at your location when you use one of either Combustione
, Potere Arcano
, or Vene Gelide
, depending on your spec.
- Developers' notes: This change is aimed to help with the cast time and GCD utilization at the beginning of an encounter, while remaining viable in your opener as a high burst window.
The following Arcane changes are focused on reducing ramp up time, as well as opening up more talent options based on the content you're running.
- Potere Arcano cooldown reduced to 2 minutes (was 3 minutes).
- Tocco del Magus now generates 4 Arcane Charges on cast.
- New Talent: Maestro del Tempo – Reduces the cooldown of Alter Time by 30 seconds. Alter Time resets the cooldown of Traslazione when you return to your original location.
- Alter Time has been moved to Level 24 for Arcane mages.
- Risonanza damage per target hit with Sbarramento Arcano increased to 15% (was 10%).
- Caricamento removed.
Developers' notes: Tocco del Magus will now generate 4 charges baseline. This opens up the Level 35 tier for more viable options that focus heavily on dealing AoE damage.
New Level 35 Talent: Eco Arcana
– Direct damage you deal to enemies affected by Tocco del Magus
, causes an explosion that deals Arcane damage to 8 nearby enemies. Anomalia Temporale
now grants Distorsione Temporale
for 6 seconds.
- Developers' notes: A simple change, but this should make Anomalia Temporale feel more satisfying as a talent since gaining Distorsione Temporale is always a good thing, but gaining Arcane Charges isn't something you'd always necessarily want.
Fire updates are centered around the change that saw Fiamme della Fenice
baseline as the Incendio
spread. Furia di Alexstrasza
– Soffio del Drago
now also gains a 50% increased critical strike damage bonus.
New talent: Dalle Ceneri
– Increases Mastery by 2% for each charge of Phoenix Flames off cooldown, and your direct-damage critical strikes reduce its cooldown by 1 second.